VTU Analog Electronics Lab – 10ESL37
VTU: Visvesvaraya Technological University, Karnataka, India.
The above downloadable file contains the pre-built circuits corresponding to the experiments in the VTU Analaog Electronics Lab course. This is a zip file. After downloading it to your computer, unzip its contents to any folder on your machine. For unzipping, you can can use any zip utility. Most likely, some zip utility is already available on your computer. If not, you can download any zip utility available on the internet (e.g., 7-zip). The unzipped individual circuit files will have the “.lab” file extension.
To load these circuit files, simulate them, and view their operation, you need to have ElectricVLab already installed on your machine.
To load a circuit file in ElectricVLab, you can use the Load My Circuit option under its File menu.
As an example, if you load the file “BridgeRectifierWithoutFilter.lab“, the view would look like what is shown at the beginning of the video below. ElectricVLab provides a visualization of the operation of the circuit. You can interact with the circuit by changing the voltages, resistance values etc. This can really help to deepen your understanding. You can also add/delete circuit elements or build your own circuits.
Some of the benefits you get from ElectricVLab are the following.
- Strengthening your understanding of electronics and supplementing what you read in your textbooks.
- As a preparation before actually performing the lab experiment in hardware.
- Before the lab exam at the end of the semester, you can visually go over all the experiments done over the semester by loading these files one by one on your computer.
The download file made available at the top of this page contains the circuits for the following experiments in the VTU Analog Electronics Lab course.
- Diode Clipping Circuits
- Shunt positive clipper
- Shunt negative clipper
- Series positive clipper
- Series negative clipper
- Shunt slicer (Clipping at 2 independent levels)
- Shunt symmetric slicer
- Clipping around zero-crossings
- Clamping Circuits
- Positive clamper
- Positive clamper with positive bias
- Positive clamper with negative bias
- Negative clamper
- Negative clamper with positive bias
- Negative clamper with negative bias
- Rectifier Circuits
- Half wave rectifier without filter
- Half wave rectifier with filter
- Full wave rectifier without filter
- Full wave rectifier with filter
- Bridge rectifier without filter
- Bridge rectifier with filter
- RC-Coupled Amplifier
- Darlington Emitter Follower
- RC Phase Shift Oscillator
- Verification of Network Theorems
- Circuit with load
- Open circuit voltage
- Thevenin resistance
- Thevenin equivalent with load
- Maximum power transfer theorem
- Series & Parallel Resonance Circuits
- Series resonance
- Parallel resonance
- Voltage Series Feedback Amplifier
- Class B Push-Pull Amplifier
- Ajay Bolar, Analog Electronics Lab Manual. Subject code: 10ESL37. ( Download manual )
Video showing one of the example circuits: